Blog Archive

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Fall



















I felt really good today. just really at peace with the world in general. Last night I went to a party and go to see a lot of people that I haven't seen since this summer. and this morning I woke up really revitalized and feeling good. I spent the day just hanging out, I listened to NPR for a while, and to my pod casts, the best one being a teaching by one of my favorite Buddhist teachers, it felt so good to hear one of his sermons again.

after that I went out to take pictures, I got a bunch of really nice ones of all the fall colors, it was just so pretty today, then I came home and spent a few hours just listening to jazz on the radio and posting my pics on facebook. finally my mom asked if I wanted to go to the Jazz service with her at church, my church has an amazing jazz service every sunday at 6 pm, with some of the best jazz musicians in the country, that come to play music at our church, tonight there were no more than 20 people there so it feelt like a really intimate concert. but it's a church service too, and there's just something about hearing the pastor speaking from the pulpit, that makes me feel all warm and happy. after that me and my mom went out to dinner, I had mussels and beer, and when I got home I just started talking with a friend or two and writing this.

It has just felt good these days, I haven't been panicking about everything in the world, I generally know what I'm going to be doing the next little while, and I feel comfortable with my life finally. I felt really happy today for the first time, and I'm really glad I seem to have bounced back from the crap I was dealing with.

No comments:

Post a Comment